1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo, Executive summary and person specification

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by minnieminx, Mar 27, 2011.

1. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I'm not Theo and have no clue as to your answer. However I'd just like to say how lucky you are to be allowed 4 sides! I've just spent much of the day trimming down my statement to 2 sides and trying to keep the summary to just one side! 4 sides sounds like utter bliss! I could have written everything I wanted to and really sold all my experience...

Don't quite understand the asking for a person spec though...thought they provided that and we wrote to show how we meet it?

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

They ask YOU for the person specification? That sounds weird - the person spec is what they write to say what their criteria are.
    However, if what they mean is taht you respond to it, then just count this as your application letter/statement. Have the one-side exec summary as one of the 4 pages max.
    As you say, leadership posts you can say more, probably, but do make sure that you don't waffle just to fill the space. Keep it shorter rather than be tempted to pad it out.
    Good luck!
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews. The next Job Application seminar where you can meet me is on Saturday 2 April.
    www.tesweekendworkshop19.eventbrite.com
    The next Moving onto Leadship seminar is Sunday 15th May.
    E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.
    Look forward to seeing you!

3. Sorry, they said how you meet the person specification!

Thanks for the advice!

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Good luck
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews. The next Job Application seminar where you can meet me is on Saturday 2 April.
    www.tesweekendworkshop19.eventbrite.com
    The next Moving onto Leadship seminar is Sunday 15th May.
    E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.
    Look forward to seeing you!

5. Siddz

Siddz New commenter

Hi,

I've been reading the advice on the "Welcome Thread" and posts on the forum. I'm confused about the term Executive Summary, is this related to a letter of application or some form of Personal Statement? I'm in the process of applying for a job (NQT position) and I want to hit the ground running, so to speak. Any help or clarification would be appreciated. Thanks.