1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - Exec suummary for basic class teacher

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Linda555, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Linda555

Linda555 New commenter

Hi I'm filling out a job application and trying to do an executive summary for a basic class teacher post, but find that many of the job / person requirements are standard, such as general all-encompassing descriptions of planning, e.g. "To plan with the year team, a broad, balanced, relevant and stimulating curriculum". I'm finding it difficult to describe these as brief bullets related to my own experience, when they seem so generic. The same applies to the other categories such as assessment, teaching, etc. What do you recommend?
    PS am booked on the Winning that Teaching Job seminar on 24/3 but sadly this application needs to be in by 19/3, and I really want this job!

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

My apologies for the tardy reply - although I am only supposed to reply 2 or 3 times a week, so actually it's not so very tardy.
    :)
    Superb news! Very well done indeed!
    We look forward to you starting your new thread Dear Theo, I got that job!
    Best wishes

3. Linda555

Linda555 New commenter

Not tardy at all - less than 24 hours and it didn't need a reply, so thank you. I really hope to get this particular school, and there's only one other candidate...Hope they aren't on here getting all this good advice and support!

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

[​IMG]
    Best wishes