1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo et al

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Sammy47, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Sammy47

Sammy47 New commenter

I had an interview today for my ideal job. I think it well.

It only lasted about 30 mins - they didn't really ask any probing questions - could this be a bad sign?

They said they would call tonight or tomorrow evening . They noted my phone number but unfortunately I dropped my phone and now its damaged and I cant take calls. What should I do ?

2. DYNAMO67

DYNAMO67 Lead commenter

Probably contact the school and give them an alternative number.....

3. CWadd

CWadd Star commenter

At the risk of sounding rude or abrupt, no one here was in the interview, no one knows what questions were asked, so no one can make a judgement as to whether the questions were probing, a bad sign, or not.

Do as Dynamo says - contact the school and give them another number.

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

OF COURSE you should have contacted the school immediately with an alternative number! You are not thinking straight!

I hope it all went well in the end.

Best wishes

Meet Theo on line on the TES JobSeekers Forum, where she answers jobseeking and careers queries regularly each week.

5. Sammy47

Sammy47 New commenter

I did contact them and gave them an alternative number . I didn't get the job and am really disappointed. I am desperate to get a new job . I get shortlisted but don't seem to get the job

6. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

That can be so disheartening. Many here will identify with that.

On the positive side you are being shortlisted, which means people are recognizing your potential and it may be a question of keeping on going till a school recognizes you are 'the right fit' for that school.

I know Theo often recommends chocolate. My usual idea is to allow yourself to feel disappointed for a while and then pick yourself up ready to try again. To this end - a huge box of tissues and an idea for something to cheer yourself up with using the remaining tissues.

[​IMG]

7. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

I'm sorry that you have had this disappointment, and hope you are giving yourself a treat this weekend.

You are getting interviews, so you are impressing schools. Spend some time now reading and thinking about all my sdvice, below, so that you are 100% ready for the next interview that comes along.

Preparing for Interview I suggest that you read these in this order.

Help, I've got an interview! *** The basic advice ***

Teaching an observed lesson at interview

Using mind-mapping for interviews *** The best-loved advice ***

<h4>Tell us about yourself - dream or nightmare question? ***NEW ***</h4>
    Daft Interview Questions

What shall I wear to the interview?

<h4>Interviews &ndash; making a positive first impression ***NEW ***</h4>
    How do you decide who to appoint?

What excuse can I give for going to interview?

Child Protection: the questions, NOT the answers

A typical Child Protection Policy

Two interviews and a dilemma

Interview feedback - they blamed my experience, but they knew that when they shortlisted me!

SLT interviews - possible questions

In-tray exercises. Deputy Head

Assistant Head interviews

General interview questions

Questions to ask at the end of your interview

I think you will find all the above very helpful - and good luck from us all!

Best wishes

Meet Theo on line on the TES JobSeekers Forum, where she answers jobseeking and careers queries regularly each week.