1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo et al

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Patontheback, May 29, 2012.

1. Patontheback

Patontheback New commenter

I was interviewed for a job I really like yesterday and the school will offer me a fixed term one year contract. I thought I was being interviewed for a permanent position as there is nothing about fixed term on the advert. Is this usual due to school budgets etc? A school I applied to in January was offering a one year probationary period. Don't know what to do.

2. Patontheback

I was interviewed for a job I really like yesterday and the school will offer me a fixed term one year contract. I thought I was being interviewed for a permanent position as there is nothing about fixed term on the advert. Is this usual due to school budgets etc? A school I applied to in January was offering a one year probationary period. Don't know what to do.

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Even if it said permanent in the advert (Did it?) they can still decide to go for fixed term.
    Yes, usually. Hard times at the moment.
    A bird in the hand . . . would you be on JSA otherwise?
    Best wishes

4. Patontheback

Thanks Theo, Sensible advice as always. It's my dream job. It's not just a job. I need to get my foot in the job

5. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

There's your answer then!