1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo (et al) What to put on application as supply teacher

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Butterflychic, May 3, 2012.

1. Dear Theo,
    I have recently joined another supply agency, in addition to 2 I was already registered with, but have had no work as of yet. I am on jobseekers. My most recent position was in a call centre.
    What do I put in the present/last employer box? And does this change if I getany work as supply?

2. Dear Theo,
    I have recently joined another supply agency, in addition to 2 I was already registered with, but have had no work as of yet. I am on jobseekers. My most recent position was in a call centre.
    What do I put in the present/last employer box? And does this change if I getany work as supply?

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

At the moment you have no present employer; your most recent one was the Call Centre.
    But if you get supply work, you put your Agency.
    Once you have done supply several times in one school, you can try asking if they would be prepared to write a reference for you.
    I do hope that you get some supply work soon; and even more, I hope that you get a post to begin induction.
    Best wishes

4. Hi, message me if you're in west yorkshire or north yorkshire as I am with an excellent agency.
    Good luck with jobs and work

5. Thanks Theo. That means alot :)

I'm in Manchester so not sure if that's of any use to you Fab.

6. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Thanks for the thanks, Butterfly - it is good to see nice, polite people on our forum.
    But, Butterfly, be careful!
    It means a lot. Two words . . . Could be a typo, I know, but a lot of people write it as alot!
    This gives me a chance to remind people of an excellent thread - start at the beginning:
    A quick grammar lesson. :)
    Best wishes