1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo et al - weird Person Spec items

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by nb234, May 4, 2012.

1. Ok, so I'm doing my Exec Summary along the school's person specification - bit of a challenge as they have over 20 requirements...
    Anyway, there are a few really strange ones under 'Health and Safety':
    • Any idea what they are getting at? Is my teaching the'service' they are talking about? And who are the school's 'customers' - is that the kids?

2. Ok, so I'm doing my Exec Summary along the school's person specification - bit of a challenge as they have over 20 requirements...
    Anyway, there are a few really strange ones under 'Health and Safety':
    • Any idea what they are getting at? Is my teaching the'service' they are talking about? And who are the school's 'customers' - is that the kids?

3. Can't help but would also like some advice on this as I think I am applying to the same borough as you.

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Oh yes!
    This is some school that has gone wild on Business-Speak. Equal Ops is H&S?
    Here's what to do.
    Just have in the LH column this: And in the RH one this:
    Health & Safety . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . Fully aware of need to comply with all H&S
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .policies and procedures
    Equal Opportunities . . . . . . . . . . .Committed to offering Equal Opportunities to
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .all members of the School Community
    I have inserted . . . in an attempt to make 2 columns here. May not work, but you get the idea!
    Best wishes