1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear theo et al - so I know what I'd like to do

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by supply slave, May 24, 2012.

1. ...and I would like to introduce a competitive element with prizes awarded to the best three achievers.
    Would this be frowned upon (year 7 secondary) or as the interview invite says "enthuse our students
    to demonstrate that they have “The X Factor”!

2. ...and I would like to introduce a competitive element with prizes awarded to the best three achievers.
    Would this be frowned upon (year 7 secondary) or as the interview invite says "enthuse our students
    to demonstrate that they have “The X Factor”!

3. anon8315

anon8315 Established commenter

I'd link it to the Olympics. Give someone a prize for perseverance, someone else a prize for courage (depends on your lesson I suppose!) and so on x

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Yes, Olympics is a good idea - and you need prizes (just stickers please - nothing sugary, nothing expensive) as BG says, for non-academic achievement.
    Best wishes.