1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo et al - same interview questions for all - correct?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by pancake99, May 26, 2012.

1. pancake99

pancake99 New commenter

Hi
    I have an interview coming up - yipee and a friend of mine said that they are likely to have a list of questions that they will ask all candidates - score them and then see who answered best.
    Is this totally correct? I was expecting some reference to what was in my letter or application
    e.g it says here...tell me more...
    what is your experience? (primary btw)

2. I'm secondary but I'm going to answer anyway, since I'm here and I'm bored...

In most of my interviews it has started something along the lines of "We are going to ask you [amount] questions, these are the same questions we are asking to all candidates", my last one though, continued by saying "then we will ask any questions arising from your application".

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

I say something similar.
    we have devised a list of questions based on our requirements as set out in the person specification and job description. In order to give each candidate an equal opportunity to show us that he or she is the best candidate, these lead questions will be the same for each applicant. However, follow-up questions will be based on your answer, and there may also be questions specific to your application.
    Best wishes.

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

P.S.
    But whether or not they say it, they may - and in some cases MUST - ask questions based on your application.
    Best wishes.