1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo et al: Job description only and late

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by TheoGriff, May 1, 2012.

1. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Actually, it's not the only school with no person spec - some schools just haven't copped on about them!
    Two possibilities here.
    a) use the job description for E.S. - then in your letter you can say The attached summary shows that i already carry out to a high standard all the elements of your job description
    OR
    b) use a person spec for a similar job, and say in LH column NOT Your requirements but An effective teacher of KS2/Maths or whatever it is.
    Best wishes

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Theo's correct, some schools just haven't moved into the 21st century re job advertisements and it sounds like this school fits into that category.
    <u>Could </u>be they have someone already doing the job and they didn't want to waste a great deal of time writing out a job spec. but if they've bothered to go to the expense of advertising they obviously want to see 'what's out there' too!
    See how the visit goes tomorrow and what sort of a feel for the place you get and keep us updated.

3. dizzymai

dizzymai New commenter

I won't be applying.
    I turned up- it was a long drive and I got lost, very rural location. But I was on time. I was let in by a cleaner and the Head came to see me to tell me that she was sorry but she could not show me around because she was in a meeting and she did not know I was coming. I explained that it had been difficult to arrange a visit but I had spoken to the woman in the office and she had given me this time. She made excuses and sent me round with a TA. I asked about whether there was an internal- yes, she was already teaching the class and was 'good'. He was her TA. He kind of made it clear that there wasn't much point applying, I said I didn't think I would apply and he nodded and said he understood. Maybe he was protecting her, but I didn't get the feeling the Head was bothered about meeting me!

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Sounds like a lucky escape.

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

1 How rude.

2 How short sighted. They have no idea of the quality of the other candidates there might have been.

Posted from my Galaxy Tab