1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo et al - I've got an interview!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Mariecapper, May 21, 2012.

1. Mariecapper

Mariecapper New commenter

Well I kept persisting and I've bagged myself an interview this Thursday at a school I really loved. I'm trying not to let my previous disappointment get to me but I can't help but have that sinking feeling... I have to teach a small group of year 5 a half hour writing lesson to a mixed ability group...but that's it. No other information. No idea what their levels are. I asked what they had been studying or if there was anything in particular they wanted me to cover and they said 'no it's entirely up to you'. Gah! Have got an idea because I want to demonstrate the use of Talk for Writing to help to plan a recount as they are big fans of Pie Corbett (as am I) - but just need to make sure I'm as tight on the lesson as possible.

I spend time working on the lesson but I don't want to forget about the interview portion - I want to have a practice at the types of questions I might be asked, if there's a link I'd be really grateful!

I know one of the Ofsted Key Issues for the school was assessment so I'm trying to make sure I'm using AfL in my teaching and that the children use peer assessment at the end of the session.

Just because it's half an hour that's why I'm a bit panicked because I want to show pace and progress during the lesson!!

Any help or suggestions gratefully received :)

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Wow - GO MARIE!
    Delighted for you.
    There's a really nice idea for mini-plenaries in this thread. I know it's Reception, but the theory is the same!
    Interview lesson in Reception
    Do go to the Welcome thread and read the general advice in the Interview clickables.
    And then read this: * * * * * Teaching a lesson at interview * * * * *
    Do read this thread too :
    Safeguarding and Child Protection - the questions, NOT the answers. (Bump it when you've finished reading it)
    Well done again on getting your interview - we look forward to you starting a brand new thread called Dear Theo - I got that job!
    Best wishes