1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo et al - I got A job (sort of)

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by patchi, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Well, as many of you know I had a number of potential interviews this week (5 actually became 2) and whilst I didn't get either of them, one school said that the staff couldn't decide/kept changing their minds so mch over a day or so, that the other person only just managed to get it over me
    BUT
    I impressed them so much that they are going to give me regular supply work in the school, happy and understanding of the fact that they want me to keep looking for teaching jobs (not just any old jobs anymore), but just let them know what days I can't do etc, as and when they arise.
    Already had 2 days this week, and 2 next week!!
    Bye bye JSA - Hope to get enough regular work not to see you again anytime soon!! (Sorry, had to put that in)!
    [​IMG]

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

You're a star, a twinkly star! Well done to you, Patchi!

Super, super, super!
    [​IMG]

I think that this is every bit a success as actually getting it, and you'll be able to mention this is further applications (a school who gives me regular work) AND you are bound to have a lovely reference.
    Well done!
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Moving into Headship or SLT seminar on Saturday 17th March.
    www.tesweekendworkshop90.eventbrite.com

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Well, a definite plus, even if it's not permanent work. Shows you impressed!
    Well done.[​IMG]