1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo, et al. Harrumph!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by anon3946, May 11, 2012.

1. Still jobless. Keep getting feedback along the lines of, "if we had another post", "it was a very strong field", etc.
    I personally suspect it's my interviewing that's my downfall, as I've yet to be sent home after the teaching phase.
    Any advice on how to be so stupendously brilliant that a school can't help but want me? If nothing else, I'm running out of petrol money!

2. Still jobless. Keep getting feedback along the lines of, "if we had another post", "it was a very strong field", etc.
    I personally suspect it's my interviewing that's my downfall, as I've yet to be sent home after the teaching phase.
    Any advice on how to be so stupendously brilliant that a school can't help but want me? If nothing else, I'm running out of petrol money!

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Oh, Alliandra another disappointment.
    You won't be feeling too positive just at the moment but have you read the

After 2 years and over thirty interviews I have finally been offered a job thread? So keep trying. Meanwhile if you give me some time I'll try to post something to cheer you up on the Flowers . . . thread.

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

I am so sorry Alli that you have had another disappointment.
    If you can get the interviews, then you have loads to offer, and they recognise this. So it is either the lesson or the interview technique. But you don't get eliminated after the lesson, so it's not that.
    Practice.
    Practice at home on your own as I suggest in the Interview tips clickable. Practice with a friend or bossy sister. You can even e-mail advice@tes.co.uk and book interviewe practice with me or someone else in the team.
    But practice is what you need, with someone who tell you what's good and where you need to improve.
    Chocolate is good late on a miserable Friday evening . . .
    Best wishes

5. Thanks Lara and Theo!

I have changed your chocolate advice to "weekends", Theo. And thanks for the flower, Lara :)

I have an interview on Monday; if I don't get that, I'm going to set up a mock interview with my tutor. For the meantime, the neighbours probably think I'm going nuts as I'm practising like mad!

6. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

[​IMG]
    (If you get it, will you show your graititude by changing your avatar . . .?)
    [​IMG]
    Best wishes

7. What, pray tell, is wrong with my frog? Or are you thinking an "I heart Theo" type banner?

8. welshchocoholic1

welshchocoholic1 Senior commenter

Sorry you haven't been successful yet Alliandra [​IMG]
    Haha [​IMG].

9. I had a rough time on placement where it took all my energies just to survive, so wasn't applying. I keep reminding myself that although I started applying in December, I've not had THAT many rejections. Fingers crossed!!

I know there is someone who has my phobia in their profile picture. *Shudders*

10. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

It just doesn't look as nice as you sound, Alli.
    Best wishes

11. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Ah, that's because you haven't perceived the 'Princess' beneath that skin Theo! [​IMG]

12. Aha, if I've duped the almighty Theo into thinking I'm NICE, surely I can convince a school I'm a good hire?!

13. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

[​IMG]
    Best wishes