1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo et al: Desparation :(

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by 8910rebecca, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Evening all,
    So had my second interview today. Used the Pimp my lesson book. Really fab session, this view was reciprocated by panel. School council interview was fine.
    Then what I considered to be a really great interview.

Only to be told for the second time that if they'd had two jobs one of them would be mine. The headteacher told me on the phone that my interview comments were too heavily based on my own experiences, rather than a wider school context. I am just utterly crushed.

Then when I'd just got out of the interview I had a phone call to say I have a job interview next week. I live in Manchester and am applying for jobs in the Cambridgeshire area, I feel like a human yo-yo, you can imagine how costly this is too!

I am desparate for this job rollercoaster of emotions to end.

How do people cope with this horrible hurtful rejection?Am I taking things too seriously?I know the market is tough, but I feel like both times I have put my heart and soul into it, and now I only have myself to blame.

Love from a very sad 8910rebecca xxx

2. Evening all,
    So had my second interview today. Used the Pimp my lesson book. Really fab session, this view was reciprocated by panel. School council interview was fine.
    Then what I considered to be a really great interview.

Only to be told for the second time that if they'd had two jobs one of them would be mine. The headteacher told me on the phone that my interview comments were too heavily based on my own experiences, rather than a wider school context. I am just utterly crushed.

Then when I'd just got out of the interview I had a phone call to say I have a job interview next week. I live in Manchester and am applying for jobs in the Cambridgeshire area, I feel like a human yo-yo, you can imagine how costly this is too!

I am desparate for this job rollercoaster of emotions to end.

How do people cope with this horrible hurtful rejection?Am I taking things too seriously?I know the market is tough, but I feel like both times I have put my heart and soul into it, and now I only have myself to blame.

Love from a very sad 8910rebecca xxx

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Well, not much we can say other than we do understand.
    You did a great interview lesson and you have another interview lined up, which others would envy.
    We have a little tradition here that we post 'Flowers' to people like yourselves who suffer disappointments and if you pop along shortly to the Flowers . . .
    thread, you might find a Consolation posy.

4. I feel that every time I don't hear from a school or go to interview but am just not good enough then a little bit ofme is chipped away at. Had a horrible week, not been short listed for a school i do loads of supply at, I even went and did the school tour. What a kick I the teeth that was! I also have pre booked supply there tomorrow in the class the job was for.
    I've been in schools where the staff don't talk to you etc etc. I want my own class so badly.
    But howeever hard it is you just have to carry on and somewhere is the right job for you.(that's what I keep telling myself anyway!)

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Oh yes, it is so sad, so very sad.
    All you people just dying to be real teachers with your own classes, instead of taking on someone else's for a spell, to help out.
    So depressing.
    And then doing so well in the teaching and Student council, but being pipped at the post - so depressing.
    Both of you just need to hang on to the fact that you are getting interviews, which proves very clearly that you DO have something to offer, that schools DO pick you out of what well may be 100 applicants, that therefore you WILL get that job one day.
    Big Hugs to you both.
    Best wishes

6. It's not extremely rare, no. But if you don't ask, you don't get I guess.

7. Hello everyone,
    I have just graduated form my Masters Degree and I am looking for work as a Geography Teacher / Assistant. Can you write the names of some recruitment agencies which do phone interviews ? Or maybe you have some ideas where and how to find them.
    I am interested in countries like Ireland, UK, Denmark,Switzerland.
    Thank you for your help.