1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo et al - considering begging

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by supply slave, May 29, 2012.

1. Perhaps I should write a covering begging letter.
    Something along the lines of "Please consider my application even though I am M6, 48 years old (but almost 49), currently working at ASDA, haven't taught since July 2011" etc.
    Feeling at my lowest ebb since my mrs died to be honest. Light at end of tunnel is tiniest pinprick.
    Sorry for negativity - no OP today though

2. Perhaps I should write a covering begging letter.
    Something along the lines of "Please consider my application even though I am M6, 48 years old (but almost 49), currently working at ASDA, haven't taught since July 2011" etc.
    Feeling at my lowest ebb since my mrs died to be honest. Light at end of tunnel is tiniest pinprick.
    Sorry for negativity - no OP today though

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

But - - - - people HAVE been considering your applications, without you begging!
    And - - - - May 31 is coming up!
    Also - - - - Asda is a lot better than Tesco!
    Plus - - - - You are not supposed to be going to the gym in 36 minutes, as I am.
    I think that this calls for some extra chocolate. For you and a couple of mates.
    [​IMG]
    Best wishes

4. marlin

marlin Star commenter

So sorry you are feeling at such a low point. Try to take in the positive points Theo has made. If it helps, don't forget the Teacher Support Network - there's always somebody there to listen and to talk to.
    http://teachersupport.info/england/
    Hugs - (((( supply slave ))))

5. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Can understand your pain supplyslave. (Sometimes I can't even see a pinprick at the end of the tunnel, it's so far off!)
    Do take note of Theo's positives though. You do have some form of employment, you presumably haven't lost your house as you feared, you have been offered an interview and been told 'you're a good candidate!'.
    So here's a little something to 'light your way' till the end of the tunnel appears.
    [​IMG]