1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo et al - big decision made oo-er

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by supply slave, Mar 4, 2012.

1. I have emailed all the agencies I was registered with informing them I no longer wish to be offered any supply work at all - not that I have been contacted since September. Instead I am only going for directly applied jobs. In fact to take things further I am refusing to apply for temporary jobs as this will only put me in the same position (jobless) in, say, a years time.Looks like I could be at ASDA for some time!

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Oh, that's a hard decision to come to supplyslave - though if you haven't been offered any work since Sept. there's not much point hanging on hoping, paying out for CRBs etc.
    No consolation I know, but I haven't had a single phone call since Sept either and have had no comeback about doing voluntary work either!
    At least you have got the ASDA job. It shows you're dependable, reliable, into the 'work ethic' etc rather than sitting on your backside doing nothing.

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Feels good to make a firm decision, doesn't it?
    And I half agree with your decision, that is to say, I agree with half of it!
    Not so sure about the I Shall Only Apply For Permanent Jobs, because we have had so many cases of people who have gone from a temp to a perm post . . .
    But you are correct in saying that if you do get a temp post, you'll be sort of Back to Square One at the end.
    Hope it works out! Asda is currently the supermarket that has done best in sales since 1 December, so you could be on to a good thing.
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Moving into Headship or SLT seminar on Saturday 17th March.
    www.tesweekendworkshop90.eventbrite.com

4. Hmm maybe I will reconsider the temporary post stance if the right job comes along.Thanks Theo

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Good on yer. lad!
    [​IMG]
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Moving into Headship or SLT seminar on Saturday 17th March.
    www.tesweekendworkshop90.eventbrite.com