1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo et al - Application form format

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Butterflychic, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Hi there,

I've noticed that completing an application using Word on my Macbook seems to change layout when opened in Office on a PC. Also symbols such as tick symbols appear as boxes when opened in Office. In the past I've gotten round this by just completing forms using my friends PC, however this option won't be available to me for a while now.

I've contacted Mac for help and they have suggested saving the completed form as a PDF rather than Word doc, as this saves the file "as is" and no changes can be made when opening on another system.

Is it ok to save a form in a PDF format when it was originally emailed as a Word document then email it back to the school?

hope this makes sense!

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

It makes sense as a question, (but I can't give techie advice on Word!) and since most people can open PDF files, it shouldn't be a problem.
    But do, in your brief e-mail, tell them what you've done and say that you hope that they can open it successfully.
    Best wishes