1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo et al - another example of stupid application forms

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by supply slave, May 7, 2012.

1. Had an application form asking for details of date and registration number I passed QTS skills teast back in 2005. I don't know nor could I currently care less. Application folder has gone into recycle bin

2. Had an application form asking for details of date and registration number I passed QTS skills teast back in 2005. I don't know nor could I currently care less. Application folder has gone into recycle bin

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Can you not just more or less make it up?

I have to fill in the date I gained QTS...I haven't a clue, so just write something like 07/199X (yes I am that old!). I've no idea if it was June or July or even August that I officially gained it...I just write June or July depending on my mood.

I also tick yes to 'are you registered with the GTC?' Seems rather a bad idea to tick no, but as there isn't one...

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Hang on!
    You are probably referring to GTC registration. Now no longer relevant as doesn't exist.
    If you can't find your GTC registration number anywhere (and it is the same as your DfE number, your DFEE number, your Teacher Reference Number), then just put N/A, as that is in fact an obsolete question.
    But I'd be surprised if you cannot find it somewhere. And when you get it, you'll know what the year is, because it's the first two figures!
    Mine is something like this: 67/12345, showing that I was registered in 1967. Wow! How ancient!
    Go and empty that waste-paper bin now!
    Best wishes.

5. Nope referring to the stupid skills test (Literacy. Numeracy and ICT) we had to sit while doing PGCE . Dear god I have a first degree and PhD.
    Mind you I had to resit one as I sat all three in one go if I remeber well. I think it must have been the mind numbing banality caused my brain to drop off.

6. Vanadesse

Vanadesse New commenter

This seems a little dramatic! You're willing to not apply for what is otherwise a decent job, or you wouldn't have considered it, purely because they're asking when you passed your skills tests?? Actually, that seems very dramatic! Put in 2005 and say that you no longer have the paperwork, it's not that difficult to do and I'm sure it's not really an issue as every teacher has to have them to gain QTS. However, you have to remember that current trainees who haven't gained QTS yet will be completing that same form and so that question is most likely aimed at those kinds of applicants.

7. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

with an approximate month if they ask for one. Make a day if they ask for that too.
    I wouldn't do this though. Just don't mention it.

8. clawthorpegirl

clawthorpegirl New commenter

I agree. I've just filled in application which asked for details of QTS tests and registration numbers - for numbers I just put not known and for date put the year I got QTS, must have been OK for them because I've got an interview in the morning!