1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo et al advice needed

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by jay2603, May 11, 2012.

  1. jay2603

    jay2603 New commenter

    I am currently working towards my NQT year on a long term supply basis at a fantastic school and will have completed two thirds of my induction by the summer. Since September I have known that there will be a vacancy at this school for next year which I have been waiting to be advertised. The problem I have is that I have used up my supply teaching allowance and my extension so cannot risk being jobless in September. There are numerous primary teaching jobs being advertised in my current area but all of them interview before the one in my current school. All of the staff at my current school want me to apply for this post and seemed shocked that I was considering not applying, I explained to my deputy head who is also my NQT mentor the reasons why and she told me she thinks I should apply as she doesn't want to lose me. What do I do?!
     
  2. jay2603

    jay2603 New commenter

    I am currently working towards my NQT year on a long term supply basis at a fantastic school and will have completed two thirds of my induction by the summer. Since September I have known that there will be a vacancy at this school for next year which I have been waiting to be advertised. The problem I have is that I have used up my supply teaching allowance and my extension so cannot risk being jobless in September. There are numerous primary teaching jobs being advertised in my current area but all of them interview before the one in my current school. All of the staff at my current school want me to apply for this post and seemed shocked that I was considering not applying, I explained to my deputy head who is also my NQT mentor the reasons why and she told me she thinks I should apply as she doesn't want to lose me. What do I do?!
     
  3. Lara mfl 05

    Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

    No immediate answers I'm afraid.
    Staff want you to stay, you want to stay, but you say you cannot afford to be jobless, so. . supposing you interview badly on the day or simply don't get the job for whatever reason? By then many other potential posts will have been filled. (If they#ve known for a long time about the need for the post, why are they leaving advertising it so late? has something changed and the job won't be filled? All sorts of possible scenarios.)
    I really think you have to look at other posts. Right up to the point of <u>actually accepting</u> a post you can pull out.
    Main factor, for me, would be 'Can you afford to be potentially jobless come Sept.?'
     

Share This Page