1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo et al, 3 interviews in a row

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by missdarling, Jun 20, 2012.

  1. missdarling

    missdarling New commenter

    Hi all,

    I am in the enviable (for some) position of having 3 interviews in 3 days next week.

    I recently was left waiting until 7pm the day after the interview to hear back from the school. If this were to be the case again it is quite possible that I could hear from school B before school A. In this case, is it acceptable to ask school B to wait as I would have interviewed with school A first?

    Any thoughts appreciated x
     
  2. TheoGriff

    TheoGriff Star commenter

    Well done, jolly well done!
    In fact, I should say that a third time: Jolly Well Done!
    A fairly common problem, so I'm going to say that you can ask . . . but they may want an answer straight away.
    Now - is School A your favourite? In which case, I suggest that at the end of the interview, just before you leave, you ask when you are likely to hear their decision, because you have two more interviews lined up, and wouldn't like to accept one of the others if you are in the running for this position.
    This lets them see what the situation is, and also makes them see that you are in demand, which always makes a candidate seem more desirable!
    Do read this, by the way, to get a full picture of this dilemma:
    Recruitment Law

    Best wishes
    _______________________________________
    TheoGriff. Member of the TES Careers Advice Service.
    For the full TES Weekend Workshop programme please visit www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars or contact advice@tes.co.uk for one-to-one sessions.
     
  3. missdarling

    missdarling New commenter

    Thanks Theo. I don't know which I prefer as yet, just wanted to hear your take on the situation in case it occurs.
    Hopefully I will have a job by next Wednesday and will be able to write you one of those lovely posts.... :)
     

Share This Page