1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo; ES didn't work for me, what am I doing wrong?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by f.a.b, Dec 7, 2011.

1. I am quite disheartened, I was very positive with my most recent application. I did an executive summary and everything was reading well, I was positive I would get an interview...but nothing.
    I am interested in receiving more help Theo however I live in the North of England and it's just too far for me to travel to London to have a meeting with yourself, the cost would be another issue too.

What I am asking is, is it possible for me to have an online meeting or email you my application and ES and then you email me back detailed feedback, I would pay for this service of course.

Thanks

2. I am quite disheartened, I was very positive with my most recent application. I did an executive summary and everything was reading well, I was positive I would get an interview...but nothing.
    I am interested in receiving more help Theo however I live in the North of England and it's just too far for me to travel to London to have a meeting with yourself, the cost would be another issue too.

What I am asking is, is it possible for me to have an online meeting or email you my application and ES and then you email me back detailed feedback, I would pay for this service of course.

Thanks

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Might well be possible . . .
    Get in touch with Julia. advice@tes.co.uk
    21 December I am doing some other sessions, I could get your documents beforehand and then ring you and talk you through them, then e-mail back as well.
    Tell Julia I said so.
    She'll talk you through it.
    P.S. what TES charges you is not what I get paid!
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

We are going to offer you a one-to-one, but done over the phone.
    So you'll get 45-60 minutes of talking to me, after I have seen your documents and had a couple of days to think about them. We'll both have a copy and can go through them discussing what it was you meant to say, how it could have been presented more effectively, etc., bearing in mind the job that you are applying for (I shall have those details too, of course) so we ensure that you understand perfectly what it is that they want and need, and how you can persuade them that you are just that.
    Also, I shall e-mail you some docs shortly before for us to discuss during the phone call, each of us with a copy there in front of us, and we'll draw conclusions from these documents that will be helpful for you.
    It will be exactly the same as a careers and applications one-to-one. Obviously it won't be an interview one-to-one, because that really does need to be face to face.
    Dear Everyone... I met TheoGriff!
    Theo and tremendous support
    Theo's 'One to One' careers service....
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars