1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - Dream job, advice please!!!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by redbutterflyef54, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Thanks for the advice Theo

Bad form I know, but no I had not told the head before applying, as I had only been at the school for 3 weeks at the time of the initial conversation with the potential new school. I sent in an informal application with references from my previous school, and a covering note saying I would be happy to provide the reference contact at my current school if they wished to proceed... for exactly the reason I wanted to have the opportunity to speak to my current school should anything come from the initial conversations! (I'm aiming pretty high for my current experience levels)

Anyway, long story short, I did indeed speak to my current school, was completely upfront... did give them all the details as hadn't had a chance to come on here before hand, and they were great. Very understanding of my predicament, and in fact they unofficially offered me a permanent contract! so win win all round.

I will go the interview knowing all my options now, and guilt free!

Thank you for the advice, as always top notch!

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Good lad! Looking forward to that new thread Dear Theo - i got that job!
    The next Applications Workshop I'm doing that still has vacancies is on Friday 25th February. www.tesweekendworkshop15.eventbrite.com

*STOP PRESS * There will also be a Northern Applications Workshop in Manchester on Saturday March 5th. www.tesweekendworkshop14.eventbrite.com

E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for more details of how to book a meeting with me personally.
    Look forward to seeing you!