1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo, (does this mean anything?)<p>

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by aliciablanco, May 23, 2012.

1. Dear Theo,

One of the independent schools I applied for offered me the possibility of visiting the school before they actually shortlisted anyone. I e-mailed them back to say that although I would be prepared to fly over to the UK for an interview, right now a visit would not be possible as I don't live in the UK. I suggested a brief meeting on Skype so we could perhaps have an informal chat (thinking they would say NO).
    I was pleasantly surprised to get another e-mail saying that the Head of Pre-Prep would be available to have a chat on either Thursday or Friday. I very quickly e-mailed them back and now I am supposed to "meet" with the Head on Skype on Friday.
    I HAVE to give a good impression I REALLY HAVE TO. Any advice on the kind of things I could ask so I sound professional but also relaxed and passionate about what I do?
    It might not mean anything and they are just checking out my command of English (this has happened so many times before).
    I just wanted to know what you thought I could do to cause a good impression so I can be shortlisted.

Thanks for everything!

Alicia

2. Dear Theo,

One of the independent schools I applied for offered me the possibility of visiting the school before they actually shortlisted anyone. I e-mailed them back to say that although I would be prepared to fly over to the UK for an interview, right now a visit would not be possible as I don't live in the UK. I suggested a brief meeting on Skype so we could perhaps have an informal chat (thinking they would say NO).
    I was pleasantly surprised to get another e-mail saying that the Head of Pre-Prep would be available to have a chat on either Thursday or Friday. I very quickly e-mailed them back and now I am supposed to "meet" with the Head on Skype on Friday.
    I HAVE to give a good impression I REALLY HAVE TO. Any advice on the kind of things I could ask so I sound professional but also relaxed and passionate about what I do?
    It might not mean anything and they are just checking out my command of English (this has happened so many times before).
    I just wanted to know what you thought I could do to cause a good impression so I can be shortlisted.

Thanks for everything!

Alicia