1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - documents asked to bring to interview

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by baileysonice, Jun 22, 2011.

1. baileysonice

baileysonice New commenter

I've been asked to interview for a Y3 teaching job next week. This will be my 12th interview since qualifying in 2009. I began my induction in Sept 2010 in a maternity job share post but had to leave it at Christmas due to my husband's job relocating and our family having to move 80 miles away!

This interview is unusual in that I've been asked to bring along my last terms's planning, any records I've kept and observation reports. Fortunately, I've kept my planning from my first induction post and lesson observation feedback reports from my teaching placements and induction post. However, the only records I have are pupil groupings and SATs levels for the classes I've taught - APP records were kept by the schools which are a 2 hour drive away!

Have you heard of this before? I'm assuming the records they are asking for are assessment records but maybe I'm on the wrong track?

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Firstly - well done for that interview!
    Different schools ask for different things, and you can only give what you've got. I shouldn't be too concerned about this - what you have seems fine to me.
    Two bits of advice:
    1 read the Interview clickables inside the Welcome thread for how to prepare
    2 Consider ordering this fast from Amazon - it gives excellent advice on how to do the planning and teaching of an observed lesson

<table class="buyingDetailsGrid" align="right" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">

<tr><td> </td></tr><tr><td> </td></tr><tr><td> </td></tr><tr><td> </td></tr><tr><td> </td></tr><tr><td> </td></tr></table>

<table class="productImageGrid" align="left" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>

<table style="text-align:center;" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
    <tr>
    <td id="prodImageCell">[​IMG]</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td class="tiny">
    </td>
    </tr>
    </table>

</td></tr><tr><td> </td></tr></table>

Best of luck - I look forward to that new thread called Dear Theo - I got the job!

TheoGriff. Member of the TES Careers Advice Service.

I
    do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and often contribute to the
    Job Application Seminar Workshops. We look at application letters,
    executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people
    really appreciate.

See the full programme www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.

Look forward to seeing you!

3. baileysonice

baileysonice New commenter

Thanks Theo! I'm onto it...

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Hope it all comes out swimmingly!

TheoGriff. Member of the TES Careers Advice Service.

I
    do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and often contribute to the
    Job Application Seminar Workshops. We look at application letters,
    executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people
    really appreciate.

See the full programme www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.

Look forward to seeing you!