1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo, didn't get the job

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by talentedbeads, Mar 10, 2016.

1. talentedbeads

talentedbeads New commenter

After all the preparation, I didn't get the position I went for today. Been volunteering in the school for some months. When they rang with the news, they went on (and on!) about how 'strong' the successful candidate was, then started going over my application with a fine tooth comb and what it should have said. I did follow Theo's advice about applications, and that was good enough to get me to interview stage ... Also, why don't I do such and such a qualification to be considered in the future? (It's a mainstream school). Beginning to wonder if I should leave this voluntary gig - supply agency have started ringing after several weeks of not hearing from them. Virtual chocolate welcome! Beads.

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

So disappointing for you . . . but don't despair. There will be more vacancies for next term now that the 29 February resignation deadline is past, and we are also moving into peak period for September posts.

So there will be more opportunities, and you have shown that you can get interviews, so you are of interest to schools.

Now, start on this:

[​IMG]

Best wishes

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

You've probably gone through Theo's contribution, so here's something to keep those endorphins working to help you cope with that disappointment.
    [​IMG]
    Should keep you going for a while.;)
    Keep going. Many people on here have waited quite a while before finding the right post.

sabrinakat likes this.
  4. talentedbeads

talentedbeads New commenter

Thanks, not going to get stressed about the feedback. Onwards and upwards.