I attended an interview for a Primary class teacher position recently. The final question I was asked was, "would you take the job if it were offered?" and I said, "yes". The school interviewed over two days and I was interviewed on the 1st day so it was 24 hours before I received the call that I had got the job. During those 24 I realised I simply wasn't sure that I wanted to work in this school. There were a couple of things that came out during the interview that made me think this might not be the school for me. However, I was worried that I would antagonise the Head by turning down the offer after I'd said in the interview I'd take the job if it were offered. I ended up politely declining the job when the call came through and told the Head I simply wasn't 100% sure I wanted to work there. She agreed with me it was better to say, "no" now than live to regret my decision. She seemed very friendly and wished me well in finding a suitable position elsewhere. Given all of the above do you think there is any need to worry that this Head might contact others in the area to warn them I turned down a job after saying in the interview I'd take it? I didn't visit the school before the interview as I live 100 miles away. Had I done so, I might have thought twice about attending the interview. That said, I'm looking to move to the new area for personal reasons so I'm going to have the same problem of not being able to attend a school visit wherever I apply in that city. Thanks in advance.