1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo, DFES number

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by amyliv88, Apr 18, 2012.

1. amyliv88

amyliv88 New commenter

Dear Theo,
    I'm in my last year of my degree and just starting to apply for jobs now (fear I may have left it too late), every application form asks for a GTC and/or DFES number, I've read elsewhere that this is the same thing. How do I find out what my number is?
    Thanks, Amy

2. amyliv88

amyliv88 New commenter

Dear Theo,
    I'm in my last year of my degree and just starting to apply for jobs now (fear I may have left it too late), every application form asks for a GTC and/or DFES number, I've read elsewhere that this is the same thing. How do I find out what my number is?
    Thanks, Amy

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Yes they're the same number.
    The number will relate to the year you enrolled for teacher training and then a 5/6 digit number in my case.

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

People are still using up old forms . . . DFES hasn't existed for ages, GTC has been abolished . . . but as Lara says it's just a number that shows when you qualified.
    I think mine is something like 67/12345. Just shows how long I've been around!
    If you haven't got a number yet (I'm not sure when they issue them), then just put Pending in the box.
    Hope you have been reading the advice in the Shortlisting cliakables inside the Welcome thread.
    Best wishes