1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - describing my communication skills in executive summary

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by fl100, Feb 11, 2012.

1. fl100

fl100 New commenter

Dear Theo

I am applying for a head of department role and am following your advice to include an executive summary in the supporting statement section, as the application also asks for a letter of application. I seem to be ok on most of it, however am finding it a little difficult to decide what to write about or how to answer the following:

That I have effective communication skills.

Positive and authoritative rapport with students.

Do you have any ideas or would these be areas I should leave out?

Many thanks!

2. fl100

fl100 New commenter

Dear Theo

I am applying for a head of department role and am following your advice to include an executive summary in the supporting statement section, as the application also asks for a letter of application. I seem to be ok on most of it, however am finding it a little difficult to decide what to write about or how to answer the following:

That I have effective communication skills.

Positive and authoritative rapport with students.

Do you have any ideas or would these be areas I should leave out?

Many thanks!

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Just think of an example. After all, you are producing evidence for the RH column. What's your evidence?
    Regularly give oral presentations to . . . (Year 9 class doesn't count!)
    Draft, revise and finalise letters and other communications to parents
    Maintain good-humoured and effective learning climate in class
    Get your thinking cap on!
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar on Saturday February 25th, and also the Moving into Headship or SLT seminar on Saturday 18th February
    www.tesweekendworkshop87.eventbrite.com
    www.tesweekendworkshop82.eventbrite.com