1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - DCSF and GTC number?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by lostkitten, May 8, 2011.

1. This is going to sound incredible stupid but I don't know who else to ask.

I am filing in an application form and it asks separately for my DCFS number and my GTC number. Are these both my teacher reference number or are their two different numbers?

Also it asks "GTC Registered?" I am a student do I put Yes - Provisional or no? I received my GTC number from them.

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

The teacher ref number, called DCFS or DFE number or even DFES number on some forms, is the one that begins with the year that you started. So mine is something like 68/1234. Yours will be probably 10/1234.
    GTC number I have no idea, never having been a member. Yay! If you have only one number then put that down for the DCFS and in GTC write Pending.
    Make sure that you read the advice in the shortlisting clickables in the Welcome thread. It works!
    Dear Theo: Executive summary works- I have an interview
    The benefit of an executive summary
    Best wishes.

I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    The next Job Seminar on Saturday 14th May:
    www.tesweekendworkshop25.eventbrite.com

ALL SOLD OUT.

The next Moving onto Leadship seminar is Sunday 15th May

ALL SOLD OUT.

EXTRA SESSION now arranged for afternoon of Saturday 14th.
    E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.
    Look forward to seeing you!

3. mmm...Milk

mmm...Milk New commenter

I only have a GTC number, which I got when I started my GTP, I don't have any other number and ususually on forms the either ask for both, or if they only ask for a DFE I put down my GTC and make it clear. Thinking about what you are saying Theo about the year you started. mine starts 08***** so are they actually the same thing?

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Yes, I have checked this out.
    The DfE (or whatever acronym they use) and the GTC number are the same thing, only the former has a slash and the latter does not.
    Best wishes!
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    The next Job Seminars are all sold out, I'm afraid.
    E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.
    Look forward to seeing you!