1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo...(Daft Question Alert!)

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by alipops1986, Mar 24, 2016.

1. alipops1986

alipops1986 New commenter

Good Evening,

I hope you're well.
    I've managed to get myself all confused over the letter of application etc - would you be able to clarify for me...

The application form requests - Supporting Statement - I feel daft for asking, but does this need to be in a letter format or not? Is it appropriate to start "Dear......"?

Then the final order before posting would be: cover letter, application form with supporting statement inside with Exec. Summary as the final page of the supporting statement?

Also, is it necessary to put down GCSEs/A Level results under qualifications after details about my degrees? Just feels so long ago!!

Thanks in advance,
    Alipops x

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Hullo there, and glad to see you!

No, if it's a statement, it's a letter that doesn't begin Dear Dr Griffiths. :) But it's exactly the same content.

Be careful about the cover letter - it should NOT have any material in support of your application. You don't want your details to be spread thinly in two places.

Letter of application for a teaching job

As for GCSEs, only is (a) there's a place that specifically asks for them,

OR

(b) they are all A*. ;)

Best wishes