1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - CRB check

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by ethnic, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Dear Theo This might sound like a stupid question but are speeding fines and points on a driving license disclosed on a CRB check? Also do CRB checks reveal your employment history?

Thank you

Ethnic

2. Dear Theo This might sound like a stupid question but are speeding fines and points on a driving license disclosed on a CRB check? Also do CRB checks reveal your employment history?

Thank you

Ethnic

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

No, there is no way that your employment history is held centrally.
    However, if any of you other readers are thinking of conveniently leaving out one job, don't go there! If you knowingly submit a false application, and are found out, you can be summarily dismissed and then prosecuted for obtaining pecuniary advantage through deceit.
    I know you aren't thinking of doing this, but I like to give general information for all readers, Ethnic.
    I haven't the faintest idea, I'm afraid. But if this is a job eg PE teacher responsible for away matches, where you might be asked to drive, I would declare them anyway. Just say Driving licence currently not clean.
    Read this too:
    <h3>Frightened to apply for a new job because of my caution </h3>Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Moving into Headship or SLT seminar on Saturday 17th March.

4. Thank you for your reply Theo

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Don't be worried.
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Moving into Headship or SLT seminar on Saturday 17th March