1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - CPD section

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Dance49, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Dear Theo and others
    I qualified from a primary PGCE last summer and have since spent one term doing supply. My query is about what to put in the CPD section on application forms when applying for jobs. I`m not sure what I can put here, I have not had opportunity to attend any courses or inset yet. I`m concerned leaving the section blank or putting not applicable will massively damage my chances. Any ideas of things I may be able to put in this section that I`ve overlooked, or things I can do whilst on supply to improve myself, will be much appreciated. Thanks.

2. catherine_ann

catherine_ann Occasional commenter

I know I'm not Theo and I guess he will be on later offering his fab advice, but here goes. During your PGCE did you attend any inset days at your placement schools? If so put those down. During your days at university you would have covered SEN / G and T / Child protection in lectures and seminars - these will count. DO NOT leave anything blank on application forms. Also do you have any other work related hobbies that you could bulk this section out with - First Aid ect. I feel like a pro with application forms now - lol. I've filled in around 40 over the past 2 years and got 19 interviews to secure that all important position. Good Luck and best wishes. Your job is out there somewhere.

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Lovely advice from poor Catherine_Ann who is voiceless at the moment but getting geared up to starting her New Job.
    Make sure that you follow all the Job Seeking advice - which I recently put here:
    Dear Theo I need help!
    Very best wishes - hope that you can start a new thread called: Dear Theo - I got the job!
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars