1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - Covering letter

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by rugby_gal06, May 11, 2011.

1. I need to write a handwriteen covering letter for an indy school, however as the address is so long, is takes up most of the page! I normally include my university referee within my covering letter to support the ones from my final TP and supply, but this would make it longer than a page! My question is this: is it acceptable for a handwritten covering letter to go onto two pages or is it an absolute no no?

2. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

I would say two pages is fine, but no more. My typed letter is 2 pages (if there is no supporting statement required in the application itself.)
    x

3. If that is the case, it would be a great relief! [​IMG]

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Yes, two sides is not only acceptable, it is needed to get all your info in.
    Make sure that you read all the advice in the Welcome thread.
    The benefit of an executive summary
    Dear Theo: Executive summary works- I have an interview
    taking Theo's Advice
    Best wishes!
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    The next Job Seminars are all sold out, I'm afraid.
    E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.
    Look forward to seeing you!

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Just had another thought.
    What do you mean by a covering letter?
    Read the FAQs in the Welcome thread . . .
    Best wishes.
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    The next Job Seminars are all sold out, I'm afraid.
    E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.
    Look forward to seeing you!