1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - can I take prompts with me?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Middlemarch, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

No, you mustn't. They'll expect you to be able to do the task with whatever information they give you and it's unlikely they'll expect you to have memorised vast swathes of stuff.

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

At SLT level you are expected to be able to think on your feet, so any sort of prompt cards would undermine this. But you need not worry about that - they will give you tasks that would be reasonably expected of you. Not much point in giving people impossible taks!
    Two bits of homework: go to the Welcome thread here and open the two Interview clickables. Go to the SMT Forum and do searches on all variations of the words intray excercises. In-tray, in tray, intray - you get what I mean!
    Very best of luck here!
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars