1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo...Can I reapply

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by Sammy47, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Sammy47

Sammy47 New commenter

I was interviewed for a SLT position in an academy but didn't get it. I was told I was a close second. A similar post has arisen for the same academy chain - same executive head. Should I apply given that I have already interviewed and been unsuccessful?

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

You weren't unsuccessful. The selected candidate was more successful than you. And won't be applying for this post, will s/he?

;)

Best wishes

3. oHelzo

oHelzo Occasional commenter

Look at it this way: if you got really good feedback from the first interview and they found it difficult to choose between you and the other candidate, they will be really pleased and excited to see another application from you landing on the desk.

Good luck!

4. Sammy47

Sammy47 New commenter

Thank you both for your replies.

A couple of quick questions
    Why didn't they contact me - they know me as I have interview already?
    Can I use the same application ( same job/ person spec)?
    They have only posted the role on their own website - does this mean it's only for internals?
    Thank you in advance

5. jago123

jago123 Established commenter

You could apply but you've got to remember that the vacancy may attract more applicants who hold a higher calibre of skills and experience than you, so don't hold your hopes up just because you were shortlisted to their second choice last time.
    Also, does the job description specify that 'previous applicants need not apply'- if it does, do not submit another one. The chances are it will be rejected. You can send the recruitment/ business manager an e-mail to re-register your interest.
    Good luck!

6. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Q1 Why should they? It's up to you to apply. If they contacted you it would not be fair on other potential applicants
    Q2 Yes if it's the same
    Q3 No. If it were, it would be only on the noticeboard in the staffroom.

Best wishes