1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

DEAR THEO can a medical condition influence a schools decision

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by ikkle_miss, Mar 7, 2011.

1. dear theo (or anyone who can help) Since September I have been working part time in lovely school doing the |Numbers Count intervention programme I obtained this job through the supply agency I was working for. In February the school took me on contract until August. Now its getting that time again where I need to start thinking about September and applying for the jobs that are slowly trickling on to my local council website. The only dilemma that I have is that in November I was diagnosed with cervical cancer and since then have been undergoing a number of treatments I have had 8 weeks of work in total and I am due to go back this week. My problem is while I am applying for September (1)At what point do I mention my condition? I have finished my treatment now and see my Oncologist this Friday with hopefully good news - I am going to be back wards and forwards to the hospital for the rest of the year and will not receive the all clear for quite some time. (2)Can schools make a decision to not take you on based on this information? Thanks for reading