1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo, back into teaching!!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by anon1021, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Dear Theo (and Lara in particular!)

I've changed my name recently so you won't recognise the name but i've posted on here a few times about getting back into teaching. I qualified back in 2006 and then couldn't get an NQT position so looked for other things whilst taking the opportunity to have my family. I was then accepted on to a RTT course which fell through because of the Gov funding cuts.
    Well, through nothing else but pure determination I have managed to get myself a teaching job! (I'm so easily pleased that I'm just happy I can call myself 'a teacher' again!)
    It's not where I imagined myself to be or the age group I trained to work with but it's working as a skills for life teacher/assessor taking full advantage of that mathematics degree I worked so hard to get! And I'm so happy! In fact, I'm thrilled!
    Please may I have my gold star now?! :)

Thanks NB

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Not a gold one, I don't do those, but a twinkly one on its way!
    The tip about working so hard to get that mathematics degree gives me a hint about who you are/were. I am really pleased for you, it's great news!

You're a star, a twinkly star!
    [​IMG]
    Super, super, super!
    The first thing to do is to read this thread:
    Got a Job Offer? What to do now . . .
    and then bump it for other people to see.
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Oh, congratulations newbeginnings- the name change appears to be a good omen.
    Well done for persevering and are now able to call yourself a 'teacher'. You certainly deserve that sparkly star. Enjoy the new post!

4. Thank you both. And thank you to all of the posts that you have replied to in the past - it's amazing how that little bit of encouragement and advice goes such a long way!
    Also, good luck to those still trying to get into teaching.
    xxx