1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo- are TLRs negotiable?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by mazman, Feb 18, 2011.

1. mazman

mazman New commenter

I wish to change schools yet don't wish to gain more responsibility at this point in time. I have seen a job which says 'salary: MPS + TLR'. Does this mean they will not consider applications from teachers on UPS? and Are TLRs negotiable? I would greatly appreciate your feedback! Thank you.

2. mazman

mazman New commenter

I wish to change schools yet don't wish to gain more responsibility at this point in time. I have seen a job which says 'salary: MPS + TLR'. Does this mean they will not consider applications from teachers on UPS? and Are TLRs negotiable? I would greatly appreciate your feedback! Thank you.

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

This is really a Pay & Conditions question . . . but I'll do my best
    MPS includes UPS.
    TLRs are decided in the school structure agreed by the Governing Body, so I doubt that they are negotiable. But do go and ask on Pay & C!
    The issue for you may be, however, that if you are on UPS they may not want you for budgetary reasons.
    Sorry, but this can be the case.
    Best wishes
    The next Applications Workshop I'm doing that still has vacancies is on Friday 25th February. www.tesweekendworkshop15.eventbrite.com

E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for more details of how to book a meeting with me personally.
    Look forward to seeing you!

4. mazman

mazman New commenter

Yes, I realised that may be the case. Thank you for your response ( :