1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - applying for jobs whilst pregnant

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Film.Fan, Jun 1, 2011.

1. I've just discovered that I'm 5 weeks pregnant. My current job is only for a year and finishes at the end of the summer. When applying for new jobs do I have to inform them that I am pregnant in the application or if I'm lucky enough to get short listed. I read that you have to let an employer know 15 weeks before the due date, which for me wouldn't be until October. I do't have my 1st scan until I'm 12 weeks pregnant which will hopefully be just before the beginning of the summer holidays. There is also a possibilty of there being an internal position that I can apply for (a colleague had a sucessful interview last Friday). I assume I don't have to tell them if I apply for that. It feels like far too early to tell anyone (not planning on even telling friends or family until the 12 week scan).
    Please can you let me know where I stand legally on this matter
    Thanks