1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo... Application

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by mandymoofriend, Sep 4, 2012.

1. I've just started my job at a primary school with Year 4. The job however is only for a term until December. They are advertising the vacancy for a permanent teacher currently with the closing date 17th Sept and I can apply as an internal candidate.
    I will definitely be applying as I love the school and couldn't bear it if I had to leave.
    My question is... on my application form who do I put as references? Should I put my current head teacher even though she will be the one receiving the application?
    It all a bit confusing, but I know I need to get this application absolutely perfect!!!
    Any other advise specifically for applying as an internal candidate would be really useful too.
    Should I talk loads about what I am doing currently in the school????

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Glad to hear that you've just started a job in a school that you love And year 4 too - delicious!
    The best thing is actually to go and ask the Head and see what she suggests about referees; that way you will get it just right.
    As for what you should write, yes, yes, and YES! The biggest problem with internal candidates both in applications and in interview is that they think: I don't need to tell them all that, they know what I do. Wrong: you need to have it all set down, so that they can compare your application easily with that of other candidates.
    So go to the Welcome thread and read - and follow - the advice in the Shortlisting clickables there.
    Good luck - we shall all be thinking of you - tell us when you get the interview! [​IMG]
    Best wishes