1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - application question

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by ethnic, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Dear Theo

I have already posted before this morning so thank you for you reply. This is a different post. I am currently filling out an application form. It is asking me to state my last post which involved working with children. This was back in November and was only for 2 weeks. I was asked to be musical director for a musical production at a school. Should I write this down I should I write down the previous school where I was employed as a classroom teacher?

Many thanks

Ethnic

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

they will want a reference from this last post involving children.
    I suggest that you put down the longer-term post of classroom teacher, but put in your letter a one-sentence paragraph along these lines:
    My last substantive post was from 200X to 200Z, as a classroom teacher in XYZ School. However I acted as Musical Director for the two weeks of a production in Nov 200Y.
    Best wishes

3. Thanks Theo