1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo- application panic- awarding bodies

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by anon3946, Feb 15, 2012.

1. An application is asking me for the awarding bodies of my qualifications- only issue is, the deadline is tomorrow and I am currently NOT in the same place as my certificates, as I'm spending half term away from my house. Through a stroke of luck, I have the details for my GCSEs on email but not my AS and A levels. It being a holiday, I can't get hold of anyone at my old sixth form college and they've changed their exam boards for some subjects (I know I had certificates from at least 2 boards but now all my subjects are done through the same one).
    Do I:
    a. fill it in and leave that section blank, with a note explaining the situation?
    b. fill it in according to what the college says now and my best memory and correct the situation if it's wrong later?
    c. not apply?
    d. other- please advise!
    (I'm out of touch with most people from sixth form- those I AM in touch with didn't do the same subjects as me. Thus blowing that option.)
    (I'm going to tattoo all relevant information onto myself at somepoint, I swear!)
    Many thanks

2. An application is asking me for the awarding bodies of my qualifications- only issue is, the deadline is tomorrow and I am currently NOT in the same place as my certificates, as I'm spending half term away from my house. Through a stroke of luck, I have the details for my GCSEs on email but not my AS and A levels. It being a holiday, I can't get hold of anyone at my old sixth form college and they've changed their exam boards for some subjects (I know I had certificates from at least 2 boards but now all my subjects are done through the same one).
    Do I:
    a. fill it in and leave that section blank, with a note explaining the situation?
    b. fill it in according to what the college says now and my best memory and correct the situation if it's wrong later?
    c. not apply?
    d. other- please advise!
    (I'm out of touch with most people from sixth form- those I AM in touch with didn't do the same subjects as me. Thus blowing that option.)
    (I'm going to tattoo all relevant information onto myself at somepoint, I swear!)
    Many thanks

3. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

As a head, I'd be happy with the phrase 'To be advised - certificates to be brought if interviewed' or something similar written in the relevant space.

4. Thank you Middlemarch- I know my subject is AQA as I'm familiar with the specification from a teaching perspective but everything else is a vague blur and not helped by looking at the specifications online

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Yes, do as MM advises - that should not cause any problems.
    Very best of luck with the application!
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar on Saturday February 25th, and also the Moving into Headship or SLT seminar on Saturday 17th March.
    www.tesweekendworkshop87.eventbrite.com
    www.tesweekendworkshop90.eventbrite.com

6. thank you!