1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo....... application pack

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by kewlkanga, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Hi Theo,
    I'm in the midst of applying for a post. I have completed the application except for the Skills, knowledge and experience which is where I am to support my application.
    In the recruitment pack there is no mention of a letter and only requests the completed application form. I have tried to phone the school for clarification and they said I could include a cover letter if I wished, it was optional.
    Any suggestions?

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Don't you believe it. I bet that when they get the pile of applications, those who have opted not to will not be viewed as favourably!
    Put your executive summary on the form, and do your perfect letter separately. With your name on each page.
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar on Saturday February 25th
    www.tesweekendworkshop87.eventbrite.com