1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - application forms, teaching experience

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by TheoGriff, Apr 25, 2012.

1. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Most people are applying for 30-40 jobs . . . you need to get cracking!
    Have you been following the shortlisting advice in the Welcome thread? Do you do an executive summary?
    Unless you are shortlisted (which is not clear from what you say), nobody gets to see these.
    Pretty typical, in that many recently-qualified teachers still trying to start induction have not had much luck in getting supply.
    I would put your last Teaching Practice.
    I suggest that you put the school.
    Write: Records not available
    Do read this thread written for people like you.
    How to get that teaching job
    Best wishes

2. Thank you very much for your advice. I will take another look at the advice in the welcome thread. I would apply for 30-40 jobs if they were there to be applied for! No, I'm not getting shortlisted, I think it's my application (and will look again at the info on personal statements) that's the problem. Also of course I have not applied to enough jobs, let's hope some more will come up soon!!
    THank you very much

3. I would put your last Teaching Practice.

Thank you - do you mean last Teaching Practice during my PGCE - even if it was before Christmas?

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Yes.
    It is a real school job. But make sure that it is clear that it is TP and not employment.