1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo: application form confusion

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by semteach, Feb 25, 2011.

1. I've just started on an application form whose LEA I've not applied to before so it's a new form I've never filled in. On the qualifications section I'm a bit stuck where to put my PGCE down. Further/Higher Education is split into two, the second row headed Post Graduate qualifications, so I thought I'd stick my A Levels and degree in the first bit and put my PGCE in the post grad part. But then there's another box headed 'Professional Qualifications' - should my PGCE details go in this part?
    Thanks

2. I've just started on an application form whose LEA I've not applied to before so it's a new form I've never filled in. On the qualifications section I'm a bit stuck where to put my PGCE down. Further/Higher Education is split into two, the second row headed Post Graduate qualifications, so I thought I'd stick my A Levels and degree in the first bit and put my PGCE in the post grad part. But then there's another box headed 'Professional Qualifications' - should my PGCE details go in this part?
    Thanks

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I'd guess that Professional qualifications would be extras but someone else can probably help you more. (It did occur to me to put QTS, but that's obvious I would have thought?)

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

I just wish that there was one standard application form, and written by someone who actually had to fill it in ten times before it was approved!
    Postgraduate will include the PGCE, a MA, etc. The other box for Professional Qualifications could be other things such as, such as, actually I'm not sure what. Mountaineering qualification. ACCA.
    Dunno.
    Not very well thought out. What other professional quakifications that are not postgraduate would a teacher have?
    Daft.
    Good luck!
    There is another seminar on Applying for Senior Leadership on 13th March.
    E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.
    Look forward to seeing you!