1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo; Application advice cont...

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by kieron79, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Firstly, thanks for your responses in a previous post. I have decided to give the application a go as I see I really have nothing to lose and fit the Person Spec.
    One last question! I have been provided with a full application form which has a 'personal statement' section. Do I enter what I would usually put in a letter of application in this section and only have a very short covering letter making reference to the application form or do I need to complete a full letter of application too? I only ask as it would seem I would be merely duplicating the information, thanks

2. Firstly, thanks for your responses in a previous post. I have decided to give the application a go as I see I really have nothing to lose and fit the Person Spec.
    One last question! I have been provided with a full application form which has a 'personal statement' section. Do I enter what I would usually put in a letter of application in this section and only have a very short covering letter making reference to the application form or do I need to complete a full letter of application too? I only ask as it would seem I would be merely duplicating the information, thanks

3. Dear Theo

I was hoping for some advice - a classroom teacher job is being advertised at a primary school where I do supply and I am in the process of applying. The information says that the interview will include a "basket exercise" - i can't seem to find out any more. Do you have any idea of what this means?

Many thanks

Harriet

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

In the space in the form put an executive summary, then have your letter of application separately.

Best of luck

TheoGriff. Member of the TES Careers Advice Service.

The TES Careers Advice
    service runs seminars, one-to-one careers and applications advice,
    one-to-one interview coaching and an application review service.

I shall be doing Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contributing to the Job Application Seminars over February half term. We shall be looking at application letters, executive summaries and interviews. Contact advice@tes.co.uk for more details.

Look forward to seeing you then!

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

I guess that this is just another word for an in-tray exercise.
    Good luck
    P,S.next time, start a new thread with a new questionb rather than putting it on the end of another thread - I might not see it otherwise!
    And if you want me to answer, put Dear Theo in the title of your thread - I somnetimes don't have time to open all threads if they don't say that.

TheoGriff. Member of the TES Careers Advice Service.

The TES Careers Advice
    service runs seminars, one-to-one careers and applications advice,
    one-to-one interview coaching and an application review service.

I shall be doing Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contributing to the Job Application Seminars over February half term. We shall be looking at application letters, executive summaries and interviews. Contact advice@tes.co.uk for more details.

Look forward to seeing you then!