1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo / anyone who can help! NQT job hunting

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by beelliezebub, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I've read Theo's post regarding NQT job searching after a sudden panic I had today when I saw NQT pool applications in Sheffield close on the 2nd December. I am planning on moving somewhere (currently unrestircted by town) in Yorkshire when I complete my Primary PGCE next year but I am studying at a southern university. For this reason I'm finding it hard to locate information about when these LEA advertise pools or even if any more actually do them. I'm keeping my eyes out for for usual school specific ads as well but concerned I might miss out on some pool applications. I know I still have a long time to find a job and that they are in slightly shorted supply up north than the south but I;m hoping someone can give me some useful hints and tips about the world of Yorshire teacher recruitment!
    My Uni has its recruitment fair after Xmas but I want to amke sure I'm all prepared for any eventuality :eek:)

Thank you kind people of TES!

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

I don't think Yorkshire teacher recruitment is different from anywhere else!
    Look at a map or list of the Local Authorities - there's one on the TES Jobs search. Then look at their education websites and see what they say about teacher recruitment.
    Not all of them will run pools, mind you.
    You also need to set up Job Alerts - see how by reading the thread about it.
    * * * * How to set up a Job Alert * * * *Make sure you set up Job Alerts for indy schools too.
    Yes you can do your Induction Year in an Independent School
    And prepare yourself for non-pool applications by reading this:
    Dear Theo ''application form horror!!''
    And of course, the clickables inside the Welcome thread.
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars