1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - Another question sorry!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by AceCake, May 13, 2012.

1. I am a little confused as how to go about my personal statement and its lay out. I have read your clickables with suggestions on doing a statement with the 4 headings (current experience, priorities of your post) etc. I have also been advised to use the person spec categories as headings/paragrah categories and lay it out that way. I am not sure how to lay out my personal statement as I want to get all the person specs in but I also want to sell the 'extra bits' of me too.

What would be the best way to do it?

2. I am a little confused as how to go about my personal statement and its lay out. I have read your clickables with suggestions on doing a statement with the 4 headings (current experience, priorities of your post) etc. I have also been advised to use the person spec categories as headings/paragrah categories and lay it out that way. I am not sure how to lay out my personal statement as I want to get all the person specs in but I also want to sell the 'extra bits' of me too.

What would be the best way to do it?

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

The executive summary ( you ARE doing one of those, aren't you?) will cover all of these, so that leaves you free to do what feels best for you in the letter.
    You could use the person spec main categories, leaving out minor bits that are covered as part of the complete person spec coverage in the executive summary.
    On May 26th - a Saturday - there is another of the very successful seminars: Winning That Teaching Job - successful applications; interview technique; creating an Executive Summary - www.tesweekendworkshop107.eventbrite.co.uk. I reckon that you'll find that useful - as this poster did:
    Dear Theo - I got the job! (Plus evidence of why going to the TES seminar is a good idea)
    Best wishes