1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

dear Theo - another job in a school where i was unsuccessful

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by maerlyn, Apr 28, 2011.

1. I have recently been for a job interview where I was unsuccessful and didn't get the position, but the feedback I recieved after the interview was very positive. Now either another identical job has come up, or the position has been readvertised (although I was informed the position had been offered to another candidate when I interviewed for it). Is it worth me re-applying, or should I phone and speak to the head and ask him this question?
    Thanks,
    M

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Theo is the expert, but as for me I would re-apply.
    Depends how long ago you applied,weeks or months;but if the former it might be worth enquiring whether you need to re-submit your application or whether they could use the previous one, but if the latter I would submit a new application.

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

just go ahead andre apply. if they didn.t want you to they would put previous candidates will be taken into consideration and need not re apply. so justt do it. remember that the person who was offered he job last time will not be applying this time so you stand a good chance. good luck