1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo and others

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by SBW2009, Apr 19, 2012.

1. SBW2009

SBW2009 New commenter

Hi
    I'm applying for another job and when i phoned the school asking for more details etc they've told me that the interviews will be over 2 days, 2 weeks after closing date. I've not come across this before? Its for Head of Department. Any advice of how to tackle this is successful in application?
    I'm getting fed up of job hunting - so few jobs in the area with too many applicants!
    Thank you for all the advice on application writting - very helpful!

2. SBW2009

SBW2009 New commenter

Hi
    I'm applying for another job and when i phoned the school asking for more details etc they've told me that the interviews will be over 2 days, 2 weeks after closing date. I've not come across this before? Its for Head of Department. Any advice of how to tackle this is successful in application?
    I'm getting fed up of job hunting - so few jobs in the area with too many applicants!
    Thank you for all the advice on application writting - very helpful!

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Nothing to tackle!
    They will have some task or tasks on the first day and then weed people out, only taking through a smaller group to the final interview. Have a look at the Leadership section of the Interview Tips - the bits on in-tray exercises. That'll give you some idea.
    You could also be asked to observe a class and give feedback. Or look at exam results and say what went right, what went wrong, and what you would do about it, or look at current achievement data, and say what you would do to ensure exam results were better than they look predicted. Or something similar. The sort of thing that a HoD does regularly.
    Ask your own HoD for ideas!
    Best wishes

4. SBW2009

SBW2009 New commenter

Thank you! I'll ask!!