1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo (and others!) Shortlisting?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by SleighBelle, May 4, 2012.

1. SleighBelle

SleighBelle Occasional commenter

Hello everyone,
    It's been a while since I've been job-hunting so feel a little rusty. I just wondered how schools typically inform people if they've been shortlisted. Is it still by letter? Or do most schools phone or email nowadays?
    Nervously yours,
    Belle

2. SleighBelle

Hello everyone,
    It's been a while since I've been job-hunting so feel a little rusty. I just wondered how schools typically inform people if they've been shortlisted. Is it still by letter? Or do most schools phone or email nowadays?
    Nervously yours,
    Belle

3. I don't know about everyone else but for me it is usually by phone and then a confirmation e-mail, and then very occasionally, a letter too. I'm suspicious when I only get a phone call and personally find it rude if they don't call and just e-mail. I'm quite demanding really, its no wonder nobody will give me a job.

4. Usually email, but it varies.
    Good luck.

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Yes, a mixture, but e-mail is a more likely situation.
    Without a phone-call, I'm afraid!
    But an e-mail is more useful, as it gives you full details, usually, of the day and what you will be facing.
    If you are a bit rusty, then read this thread:
    Am I doing enough?
    It gives you the outline for job hunting successfully.
    N.B. I shall not visit this thread again, so you will need to start a new one with any further questions. And if you want me to answer, then put Dear Theo in the title so that i can see it withoput opening the thread. Thanks!
    Best wishes

6. SleighBelle

Thank you for the replies- not holding out much hope now! [​IMG]
    Onwards and upwards.

7. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

If you live mear enough, you might want to come to the TES seminar on Winning that Teaching job next Saturday 12 May. Just to refresh your skills on job applications and interviews.
    Very highly praised by past attendees.
    www.tesweekendworkshop103.eventbrite.co.uk
    Best wishes